HERE’S HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Areas of Practice
Short glimpse of services we provide
At B&B Legal, we firmly believe that transactional tax costs can be best optimized with advance planning and structuring. Business urgency requires reliable tax positions in a reasonable possible time. Our experience across diverse industries, and with Tribunals and Courts in litigations, enable us to assist you with timely and useful insights.
We aim to work as a business advisor to you, bringing forth the complex matrix of different tax in a simple, understandable and executive manner in following ways:
- Advisory support on specific issues/transactions
- Legal opinion on specific issues / transactions
- Determining classification of goods and services
- Transaction structuring
- Review of contracts
- Preparation of project bids/EPC transactions
Tax litigation in India not only involves financial costs and potential penal consequences, but is also a strain on productive hours. Any uncertainty over a business transaction could result in loss of market and business.
Our experience has shown that the comprehensive preparation from the initial stages for a tax litigation plays a significant role in a successful outcome. We assist our clients in the following manner:
- Drafting of replies to Show Cause Notices.
- Drafting of appeals before appellate authorities and tax tribunal.
- Drafting of writs and special leave petitions before High Courts and the Supreme Court of India.
- Appearance before adjudicating authorities, appellate authorities, Tribunals and Courts.
- Litigation support on a PAN India basis.
HEALTH CHECKS/DUE DILIGENCE
In the present regime of self-assessment, any default on compliance, howsoever inadvertent, could spiral into interest, penalty, litigation costs and bad press. We also understand that the regular tax work in the company, may not allow you an opportunity to identify strategic tax savings opportunities.
At B&B Legal, we aim to assist you in reviewing such opportunities for tax savings and plugging the non compliance, if any.
Tax savings and Non compliances
Detailed health checks for risk assessment and identifying tax optimization opportunities.
Due diligence support during mergers, acquisitions and other business arrangements.
With growing complexities of business, we feel that reaching out to policy makers is an important business need. This involve discussion on a provision of law affecting the business or seeking clarification or requesting for amendment to a redundant provision.
At B&B Legal, we support the business to do advocacy work with highest ethical standards. We can help you in making representations/policy initiatives seeking amendment in laws or clarifications to:
- Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- GST Council
- State Finance Ministry and tax authorities
- Advance rulings and appearance therein
Technically updated employees are a boon to every setup. Not only does that ensure immediate efficiencies at the work place, but also develop them to act on any future uncertainties concerning taxation related issues. We help our clients to train their team (working at all levels) handle complex indirect tax issues/transactions, by providing the following trainings:
- General trainings to accustom about indirect tax issues concerning the business.
- Specialized trainings on peculiar transactions/ issues for supply chain, procurement team, process team etc.
- Introduction to latest development in GST.
Compliance are the backbone of any taxation system. In the context of Goods & Services Tax (GST), compliances assumed significant importance as it involves filing of multiple returns, matching concept for credits, annual reconciliations etc. At B&B Legal, we support in filing returns / statements, refunds etc. within the prescribed timelines.
As a part of compliance support, our team undertakes:
- Preparation and filing of GST returns, refunds etc.
- Reconciliation / matching of data to ensure a smooth flow of credit.
- Preparation of management dashboard for the compliances undertaken.
- Support during departmental audits, return scrutiny and investigations.
General Corporate Commercial Services
We provide integrated advice and services across a wide range of practice areas
to clients based on their needs. This includes advising on laws, policies and
regulations related to commercial contracts, corporate legal affairs, incorporation
of a company, setting up and structuring of investment vehicles, statutory and
secretarial compliance, transactions support, transaction-related documentation
advisory and structuring support on Special Economic Zone (SEZs) and Export
Oriented Unit (EOUs) regimes.
We advise our clients on their day-to-day legal affairs concerning corporate law
issues, employment matters and assistance in dispute resolution, among others.
Our team works in collaboration with our clients' board members, in house legal
teams, senior executives, business managers and company secretaries to provide
them practical solutions and proactively anticipate issues.
The firm specializes in providing all kinds of services relating to field of
taxation. The services range from the very basic service of obtaining
registration to the structuring of the most complex transactions. Our firm
provides A to Z services relating to the field of taxation.
Providing corporate legal advisory on the Companies Act, exchange control
laws, SEBI and other business laws.
Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and other documentation in
the areas of manufacturing, supply, distribution, hospitality, dealerships,
services, sales, marketing or advertising and promotional arrangements in
various business sectors.
Advising on setting up and structuring investment vehicles, including
advisory on legal issues related to fund raising, investment structuring and